- Install Serato and connect your Numark Mixtrack Pro 2, as per Serato/Numark instructions.
- Download the Novation Launchpad driver, available here.
- If you have already connected your Launchpad, chances are, Windows may have installed its default driver.
If so, then you will need to uninstall the driver through Windows device manager.
- Install the downloaded Launchpad driver and follow the on screen installation steps.
- The only change to the default installation settings is shown below.
- Connnect your Launchpad to your computer and check that Windows has installed the Launchpad correctly, this should appear under Sound, Video and Game Controllers in Device Manager.
NOTE: The above image shows Automap installed, I have found that this is not actually required.
- Load Serato software.
- Check the SETUP > MIDI tab in Serato
NOTE: Launchpad is displayed and enabled and the Enable Output Lighting is ON.
The MIDI presets, as far as I am aware are not needed, I just used a preset and then customised my MIDI mappings and then saved it, just in case, but I found no issues.
- Check that the MIDI button is active.
- Now when you hover over a button in Serato which can be mapped, a pop over window will appear.
- Using your mouse, click on the button you wish to assign.
- Now click on a Launchpad button you wish to use for that function.
- Congratulations, yu have now mapped your first pad to a MIDI control function.
Repeat steps 10 to 12 until you have mapped all the keys you need.
- You can unassign any input, simply by selecting it in Serato, then pressing the entter key to clear it.
For my setup, I assigned the last row as the Deck 2 loop keys from 1/8 to 16, then the row above for Deck 1.
The next two rows above my loops, are used to set 8 hot cue points. This makes it much easier and quicker to jump between cues and loops as you no longer need to switch the Mixtrack Pro 2 between LOOP and CUE modes, removing the need to use the SHIFT button or having to check which mode you are in.
I also mapped Play, Sync, Sync OFF and Censor buttons.
Hope you find this useful.