Extend K2 with many field types and powerful search
The main goal of Sherpa is to replace the standard K2 extrafields. When i say replace, i don't say hack or modify. It's just another place to manage extrafields for K2.
With Sherpa, you'll be able to :
- Create field groups (same process as standard)
- Create field and assign it to a group (same process as standard)
- Assign one or more groups to a category, an item or a user
- Create searches with different fields and different filters to retrieve categories, items or users with great ordering features
- Display search modules related to created searches with specific templates
- Link items, users, categories to other items, users or categories via a specific 'link' field
- Add new extrafield types via plugins
Of course, as usual, all that without K2 hacks.
- Purchase and then download.
- Installs as per a regular Joomla installation.
- Browse your drive for the download and then install.
Link many K2 items to another one easily
In K2, you can link items using tags. This is very useful, but, it's only a link to another item in the item view.
With this plugin, you can select in backend which items to link and which information will be displayed in category & item views.
Imagine you use K2 as a store, have a K2 item that details a seller and for each of the seller product, you can display seller details.
Category & item view options
Css for perfect integration
default plugin template can be overrided in the Joomla! template html folder
Version 2.5.1 - 6th February 2013New features:
- Better J2.5 compatibility
- The plugin has now its own custom parameter fields
Version 1.7.0 - 7th February 2012New features:
- J!1.7/J2.5 compatibility
- Plugin configuration in the category backend
- Parameter inheritance : Global, category, item
- You can not link an item to itself
Version 1.2.1 25th February 2011
Fix bug in category view: Now, related items are displayed for all items, not only the first one. Thanks to ezodesign (Twitter)
Version 1.2.0 25th February 2011
You can now link many items
Version 1.1.1 18th November 2010
Possibilty to unlink the linked item in the item details via a button
Version 1.1.0 7th November 2010
- Possibilty to configure options for category & item views
- New options: title as link & image as link
Version 1.0.2 31st October 2010
Correction of some parameters tests
Version 1.0.1 25th October 2010
In backend, linked item can now be retrieved via a modal window
Version 1.0.0 17th October 2010
K2 templating has no limits
K2 has its own default css file loaded for categories and items.
In K2, it's possible to define new templates and affect them to a category but the css style file is still the same.
With this plugin, you can add a specific css file to a category having a specific template.
Many options to fit your needs
Keep/remove K2 core css
Works perfectly with the 'K2 Template Manager' extension
This extension is now available in 2 versions :
1.2.7 : For Joomla! 1.5, K2 2.5.x
1.8.1: For Joomla! 2.5/3.0, K2 2.5.x/2.6.x
This is a must have plugin, if you want to run multiple K2 templates or use advanced CSS based styling changes to K2 templates.
Search translated K2 content
Now you can search the K2 translated content if you use Joomfish & K2 on your website.
- Category filter option
- Tags & extra fields search
- Limit to the current visitor language
Put your users under the light
In K2, you can create a menu item pointing to a k2 user page but not to a k2 users list.
This k2 extension brings this functionality by adding a 'Group' view to k2.
- Layout with column & user per page customization
- Css file for perfect integration
- Show/hide users information you want
- ALPHA INDEX to filter by first letter
K2 templating with one finger
You think K2 templating is not easy to manage ?
You never know where to copy the K2 default template ?
You never know how to name the custom css file ?
Copy/move/delete templates easily
Affect a template to many categories in 1 click
Edit your template files on backend
Add parameters to your template
Works perfectly with the 'CSS4K2' extension
K2 Template Manger allows you to easily manage, edit and install K2 templates into your Joomla installation, without the need to know about file locations.
Not only can you install new K2 templates, but you can also edit any K2 php and css files from within its control panel that is integrated into the K2 extension in the Joomla backend.
Development, customisation and even installation time is significantly reduced, saving you valuable time and resources.
Thats not all, custom css can be added and if the CSS4K2 plugin is used, you can see which templates are using the templates css.
Installation is just like any other Joomla extension installation. Subscribers will need to have downloaded a copy.
- Login to your Joomla Administration
- From the main Menu, navigate to Extensions> Install/Uninstall
- In the Extension Manager window, click on the Choose File button.
This will open a pop up window, allowing to find the relevant file on your local drive.
Additionally, you may store your downloads on your server or paste a link directly to the download file.
The later will only work if you have an active subscription.
- Click either Upload & Install of just Install, depending on which installation option you chose in step 3.
- Once installed, you will see the installation confirmation text.
Thats it, installation is now complete, time to check out the features.
Once installed, K2 Template Manager can be accessed from within the K2 extension. No need to go hunting for it amongst the other extensions, as it is located on the far right of the K2 features menu, after the information link.
Go ahead, click on Templates.
|Welcome to the template manager dashboard.
The primary display is a list of all the K2 templates which are installed in the component or Joomla templates.
One of the cool things, is the use of the Custom CSS. This adds a copy of the default k2.css and places it with the K2 template that has been selected.
If you click on one of the installed templates, the next screen will display a list of all the K2 categories and the templates which are currently assigned to it. This is a very quick way of selecting which categories are assigned a template, no more editing multiple categories.
Template manager also lists out the files which are contained within the selected template, which if clicked can be edited.
The code editor screen allows you to access the template css and php files, so that they can be edited from the Joomla backend, without the need for 3rd party software or having to set up ftp access to your server files.
|So now your all set to manage your K2 templates through Joomla, no more guess work on where to place your template.|