Lets take a look at the K2 Dashboard.
OK, so now K2 is installed, lets pop over and take a look at the dashboard.
K2 Installs in the top menu under components and also to the main control panel.
If you start at the menu option, you will see the following image. If you want to remove the Joomla dashboard from the main control panel, then we have a guide which explains how to remove it.
Along the top of the K2 dashboard we have the following choices, we shall cover these in more depth in the following lessons..
- Dashboard: This will return you to the screen.
- Items: This is the equivalent of an Article, but much better..
- Categories: K2 only uses categories, no more Sections and Categories, the benefit is you can create sub, sub, sub, sub categories etc.
- Tags: Much like that used in Wordpress, use tags to help relate your content
- Comments: K2 has a built in commenting system, so you can see what has been posted here.
- Users: Used to see all your users.
- User Groups: K2 allows you to set access levels per user group, add users to to this group.
- Extra Fields: Use for adding specific information per item, such as weight, price, colours etc.
- Extra Field Groups: Organise your fields into groups to make it easier to assign them.
- Information: Displays information on your system, K2 modules and plugins athat you have installed.
There are also some graphical equivalent icons too, plus a few extras which point to options within the main K2 menu.
Pay attention to the Joomla Import and Parameters in the top right. You will be needing those shortly.